Monday, August 1, 2011

Hello fellows!

This blog chronicles my travels and travails in journalism. I am one of 18 Arthur F. Burns Fellows this year, aiding in the exchange and understanding between the United States and Germany. Half of us are from various States of the US, heading to Germany, and the other half are Germans heading to various media outlets all over the US.

I'm always in awe of Germans. Having grown up there, I know they're a smart people, well educated and highly intellectual. That proved to be true with the group of fellow fellows I met as well. But they're also fun and love to have a good time. The US fellows are pretty cool too, of course!

We met in Washington DC for a week of networking, learning about transatlantic issues and lots of bonding. The highlight was definitely a weekend at Airlie. We played US vs Germany volleyball matches, I went fishing for the first time, we stayed up late learning about each other over drinkin..err..card games like "King" and "Mäxchen." This has definitely been one of the more fun career-related conferences I have been to!

My fellow fellow Dan Boyce, said it so well at one of our last dinners together: We could go back home after just this week and already we have gained something. (I paraphrase.)


Well thanks for following my journey and I hope you stick around!

No comments:

Post a Comment